Sunday, April 25, 2010

A NEW TOY!!!!!

Hi again,
I would like to begin by apologizing for my absense but I have not really had alot to blog about in the last while. I have been dealing with alot of extra pain and unable to spend very much time on the computer. But today I have something I am so very excited about and I have to share!!!! We got a new toy and I am sooooo excited about it!!!!! Let me tell you about it! We got a Mastercraft Maximum Scroll Saw with digital read out! But that is not all! It has a variable speed of 400-1600 spm which is way more than our little 2 speed scroll saw! The variable speed is a nice knob that you can turn while it is on to change the speed. It has a 16in throat capacity where our old saw only has 10in! One of my favorite features on this saw though other than the digital feature is the tool free blade change!!! Oh I am so excited about that! Our old saw was a pain to change the blade! This new saw also has a 2in thickness cutting capacity which is also better I believe than our old saw. But do you think the instructions were read before it was turned on? lol nope. We do read the instructions but it isn't fun. Today the instructions were tossed around to people to read them but no one wanted to read them. It was on sale for 99.00 and save 130.00 so it is regularly priced at 230.00!!!! My mom said happy belated birthday. lol I had my birthday about a month ago but I could not think of anything for gifts that I needed. I can not tell you how extremely excited I am about this new saw!!! It is going to be so much fun!!! I am not one to want alot but every so often I see something that is just something amazing! I hope to use this to make some money for myself if I can find something that I can sell. So it isn't just for pleasure purposes but I am sure going to enjoy using it!!! Here are a couple of pictures of our new toy!!!
Brand Spanking New right out of the box!!!



PS-I know it is Mastercraft and a Canadian Tire (aka to most as Crappy Tire) brand but it is the Mastercraft maximum and we have had good luck with stuff in the maximum line mostly. For the price we paid-you can't go wrong really. Here's hoping it doesn't break and we have to deal with Crappy Tire's customer service which is less than pleasent. lol

2 comments:

  1. AHHH I love new toys! Beyond a craft geek, i'm a tool geek too! I have my eye on a lovely drill bit sharpener at the moment :)

    enjoy it!

    hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you luck with this. My DH had one and it broke within a few uses. we returned that one and bought one from Home depot. Good luck

    ReplyDelete