Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's been awhile!

Hi again,
I apologize for not writing for so long but lately I have been sort of immersed in everything Olympics. I love the Olympics and it is so fun to watch. I marvel at the abilities of the athletes who make these sports look so easy. Sometimes I wish I could do what they do and I wonder if that is normal? But I have my own talents and abilities that I must not forget about and continue to enjoy watching and marveling at what these athletes can do!
I wanted to also touch on what has happened since posting the post about my past if you don't mind. It is interesting because up till now I have had this secret that when I meet new people, I feel that if they ever found out then the friendship would be over. I feel as though they would not like the real me and they can't find out. I have to say this is quite a weight to carry around. I decided to post this about my past so that I am open about it and that it can't continue to have a hold on me. Talking about this openly on here has really actually helped in the sense that I am saying this is me and it is not a secret I am willing to carry around any longer. I am not saying that when I meet new people I will tell them this and be all open about everything but that it isn't something I will hide with worry that I will not be accepted. I feel as though I can walk a little taller now and I can be me without feeling I am worth less than other people. This may seem small to others but to me it is huge. I am hoping this is it and what happened to me as a child no longer has any hold over me what so ever. I feel as though I have shed the last of the weight from it that was weighing me down and I am free of it. This does not mean I won't have a problem with this when it happens to others and that I won't relate to others who have dealt with this but now it is something I can hopefully look at more objectively as a past experience that is no longer affecting me. Thanks again for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment