Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wonderful Women's Wednesday!!!

Hi again,
Well I should have commented on this yesterday but I was too busy watching our Canadian Women athletes win medals yesterday. lol WOW I am so happy for our women athletes who won medals yesterday!!! They won 4 medals yesterday!!!!! One bronze, 2 silver and one gold! They were absolutely on fire and it was so much fun watching the Olympics yesterday. It is fun watching the Olympics everyday but to see so many medals won in one day by our women athletes makes it pretty amazing! Our Women's hockey team plays tonight in the final also and they should win! But I don't want to say they will for sure because you never know what can happen right? Anyways that is going to be an amazing game-the women's hockey team never dissapoints! Also we have Joanie skating today in figure skating and she might win a medal as well and I really hope she does because she really deserves it!
Plus I should mention that I was very surprised and pleased with the men's hockey team as well. Our men's team won against Russia 7-3 which is also very amazing because in the last 50yrs our men's team has not won against Russia/Soviet once. I was so very surprised because the last game against the Americans was so bad and sloppy that it was an embarrassment and the other games they played were not much better despite them winning those games. I sort of was losing faith in our men's team but last night they did extremely well and surprised me so much! They were passing the puck very well and playing as a team and finding the net and they even had less penalties so I am impressed. As is the rest of Canada I think. I have heard so many jokes about the men's team after their recent performance that I think most Canadians were feeling basically the same as me. So let's hope our men's team keeps it up and doesn't fall asleep again and get sloppy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment