Friday, February 26, 2010

Weather and People's moods

Hi again,
Well the weather this week has got me thinking about how much the weather affects our moods. The first half of this week we had so much fog and on Tuesday especially it was so thick that when we went for groceries, we could barely see the ditch on the side of the road. Fog is really bad for making me and most likely others feel so isolated and almost alone. I look out my window and all I see is this thick wall of white. I go outside and it can seem so eerily quiet because all I hear is the crunching of the snow under my boots as I walk. Even the birds will be silent sometimes. I know that I am not alone of course but thick fog can affect me like that. Also when you interact with people when the weather is bad, everyone seems sort of glum. Then there is the sunshine that comes and wow people just perk right up! Sunshine is so wonderful and even more so when we have had days and days of yucky weather, either snow or rain. So when the sun came out a couple of days ago I noticed that change in people's moods where everyone just seemed to get so happy-including me! Also I was able to see far into the distance again and see the neighbors and trees and so on. I used to be a cashier and it was interesting observing people's moods as the weather would make a noticable change because it seemed to affect pretty much every person. It makes me wonder why weather has such an effect on us? I really don't have the answer but I just thought I would put the question out there. Thanks again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment