Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Making Paper-part 2!

Ok so here are the pics as promised!!!
First step in my grand venture of making paper! lol I grabbed some shredded paper from our paper shredder and stuck a bunch into a tub I found to use. I noticed on the instructions it says newsprint or flyers but I am going to try to use printer paper since we have so much of it in the shredder. wish me luck!

Paper soaking in about 4cups warm water. Hoping this is enough water!

After I soaked the paper shreds in water for close to an hour, I stuck enough in to fill the blender about half full. it instructed to only add half a cup of liquid but as I found out-you need to add a ton more than that or the blender can't get it blended together.

Thirsty anyone?? LOL a nice soupy goopy sloppy substance. lol I wonder if I did this right? lol I added blue food coloring also to the blender to make it blue.

YUMMM!! LOL anyone hungry? lol Dumped from the blender into the strainer to strain off the excess liquid. Looks like a science experiment now. lol

Now the excess liquid has been strained off I dumped it on a piece of flannel as instructed to do in the instructions. Crossing my fingers. lol

Rolling out the pulpy stuff and hoping it is going to work. lol

Newly made paper drying by the woodstove.

So that last pic was taken around 4pm or so and since then it has dried a fair bit but still wet. Thank goodnes for the woodstove though! It really got the drying process going alot quicker. I will take another picture in the morning of it and hopefully it is basically dry tomorrow. Currently it is about the thickness of cardboard so I didn't roll it out thin enough but it was starting to rip when I got to this thickness so I am not sure I can get it any thinner. I am also thinking that maybe newsprint would work better maybe so that will be my next venture. This has been alot of fun and I am wondering if anything will come of this or if it was a fun experiment that I just learned from. lol Anyways that is all for now and thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment