Saturday, March 6, 2010

MUD!!!!! Is SPRING finally here??!!!

Hi again,
Well over the past few days MUD has appeared!!! Wow I may run the risk of sounding odd here but it is always sooo neat to see mud for the first time each spring!!! Ok so spring hasn't officially arrived yet and we are still supposed to get more snow next week but hey there is mud and I am extatic!! lol Not muddy slush or frozen mud but squish between your boots get stuck in the mud type mud! I suppose it could be squish between your toes type mud too but at this time of year it may still be too cold to go bare foot. lol So anyways seeing this mud is so exciting because first of all I haven't seen mud since like last October (about 6months?) and second it signifies that it is getting warmer and spring is just around the corner.... hopefully. lol You never ever know with March what could come-it could still turn to -20 by the end of March but I am hoping that likelyhood is well unlikely. lol I should also mention I really am just a big kid and yep I still jump in mud puddles. lol It is so much fun still. Is that odd? I still love to put on my rubber boots and play in the mud so to speak. Who says this should only be for kids? lol This time of year is always so much fun and really gives this hope that everything that has been dormant and dead looking will soon spring to life again and the cold winter is going to be a memory soon.... well until the next year. lol I love spring and the new life that comes with it and the excitement of watching buds on the trees open and plants sprout from the ground. Seeing the first sign of new life like the first leaf or the first tulips push up through the ground gives me so much joy and excitement. I think that is part of why I live here in a climate where everything actually goes dorment and it gets cold because when everything comes back again it gives that much more joy than if it had never left. I don't know if I could live in a climate where nothing dies away over the winter that I would miss the firsts that happen every spring here. I think I would miss knowing the joy that comes with spring. I can admit easily that I don't like winter so much when it gets really cold but that makes spring all the more exciting. I guess it mirrors our lives in a way too. What I mean is if we didn't have struggles or pain in our lives, which no one wants or likes, we would not have the same joy that we experience when our lives go well. I think there would be nothing to compare the good against and it would not be near as exciting. Sorry it is something I realized awhile back and helps me get through the rough patches because I know that a better time is coming and that it will be all the more enjoyable because I know what it is like to not have it and to not take it for granted. If you have something all the time, you don't realize what it would be like to not have it and you are more likely to take it for granted right? I have alot more I could add to this but I think I will leave it at this. Thanks again for reading my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment