Sunday, January 10, 2010

The day after. lol

Hi again,
Well I woke up extremely sore like I expected but not near as stiff. In terms of where it hurt-well where didn't it hurt! lol My legs, back, arms (still don't know how my arms are sore) hips-pretty much everything. I think I may have pulled something in my back also but I am not sure. I am really out of shape, but for good reason I think. The good part in all of this is that the pain is good I think because I am using muscles I haven't been in so long. My hips though were the joint and not muscle but that is another issue. Yet with all the pain, I do not regret it because I enjoyed myself and actually didn't mind the pain because it is from me using my muscles and not from surgery or something else. It is a reminder also that I am improving because there is no way I would have been able to attempt this even a few months ago. I would like to share something else quite interesting. Because of my back problems and the curve in my back, I was always hunched forward and found it complicated skating somewhat. I would tend to put one arm behind me to sort of even out the balance issue I suppose. Yesterday I found that I really realized how much straighter I am and I no longer need to place my arm behind my back for balance. I did however feel the need to lean forward to balance the way I had learned to skate. This is my assumption however on why I was leaning forward and I am unsure if this is for sure the reason. I realized when I stood up straight that I was unsteady and I had to sort of get used to this new position while skating. It felt so odd just like when I was first laying in bed with a straight back and my head no longer curved back funny and I could lay flat. It may take some getting used to but I really don't mind. lol It reminds me of how far I have come. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment