Saturday, January 16, 2010

Olympic Torch Passes through

Hi again,
Well yesterday (Friday) the Olympic Torch finally passed through Central Alberta and I of course would not have missed it for the world!!! I remember months ago when they announced the torch run and it would be going through Central Alberta I was like I am going! I have been waiting ever since! It has been a long wait and I was not dissapointed! It is so neat to see and probably a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was privilaged to be able to see it! I have found that people seem either interested or they are not and that is ok-everyone has their reasons. What is sad though is when people start putting down other people who are excited about it because that is not right. To these people I would ask if they go to New Year's Eve celebrations to see fireworks or Canada Day Fireworks and then I would ask how is it different really? With each one of these, we are celebrating something. The Olympic torch has so much significance and it also brings us together as a country and a world. Also the Olympics are something amazing too. For the most part, the Olympics is a place where we can all go and celebrate sport as well as get along. I say for the most part because sadly people don't always get along and stuff happens. But for the rest of the time, different countries compete against one another who normally may not have the best relationship. Anyways back to the flame-it was amazing to see and I loved the opportunity and will always remember it! Now I would like to share some photos with you from last night. Thanks for listening.
Red Deer Royals coming in ahead of the Olympic Flame

Torch Bearer coming in on Horse and Wagon

I love this photo because the torch and a Canada Flag happened to be together in the same shot!

The torch bearer and Olympic Flame

No comments:

Post a Comment