Saturday, January 9, 2010

Skating!!


Hi again,
Today I finally went skating for the first time since winter 2006! I have been unable to skate since then due to my back. If you would like to know more of what happened with my back you can visit my other blog My Journey With Kyphosis where I explain it in more detail. I love skating and it was really hard to miss out on it for the past few years! But today I finally made it onto the ice again at Bower Ponds. My back is still weak so I only was able to skate for about 15minutes I think but it was the funnest 15minutes I have had in a long time! It is also another amazing step forward in my recovery! There is something amazing about skating, there is a kind of speed and freedom you just don't get from running or walking. There is also an element of fun with skating as well. Well I had a huge grin on my face the entire time! There is also something fun about skating outside on frozen lakes and ponds. It was very busy today since the temperature actually got above freezing! Watching the families skating today brought back fond memories of when I was young and my family and I would go to Bower Ponds and go skating. It also brought back the memory of the one outing where we went to Bower Ponds but didn't make it past the parking lot. lol I sort of broke my head open by sticking my head in the trunk to look at something as my dad was closing the trunk! It is interesting how I remember the moments leading up to the incident but nothing past seeing the trunk lid coming down on my face. Anyways enough about that. lol Bower Ponds definitely holds many memories for me and it is always nice to go there. Now to just get over being so sore! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment