Sunday, January 3, 2010

False Advertising

Well we have all seen it and experienced it-several times each and every day. We hate it but we just seem to put up with it. Why? Lately it is really getting to me just how far it goes sometimes. Take fast food for example. I think fast food is one of the worst offenders. I don't think anyone actually expects to get what is in the picture but it would be nice if it looked even half way as good right? I think there is making it look good for the camera and the picture and then there is the blatent misrepresentation of a product. I find myself telling people to take the picture of a burger and then divide the meat size by 3 and you can expect that and hopefully not be dissapointed. Should I have to say that? Should we have to expect that the product looks nothing like the advertised photo? No I don't think so but what can we really do about it? Stand at the front of the counter and demand a burger like what is advertised in the photo? lol That would probably just cause a scene and we would be considered nuts and be unable to show our face in public again. lol Is there something we can do? maybe but does it matter enough in the grand scheme of things. Is it just one of those little annoyances that we have to put up with? It would be really nice if you could look at a photo and actually get an idea of the product you are buying. Maybe then they would lose business but if every business did it-maybe people would appreciate that the company is being honest. I am not talking a burger with cold limp lettuce here but just a little closer to actual size and not so photoshopped and stretched. Just a thought. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment