Thursday, January 7, 2010

something on my mind

Hi-I am sure alot of people know about the whole Eric Tillman case and it has me rather upset that he got off so easy. There is a link to an article at the bottom about it if you are unfamiliar. Personally I really don't care if he is remorseful or not-he should suffer the consequences of his actions. I also felt from the clips that were shown that he is more remorseful that he got caught and not for what he did. The clip shows him saying sorry to his wife and parents for embarrassing them but where is the apology for the girl he assualted? Maybe he apologized and it just wasn't part of the clip but when I watch that, I see a man who is simply remorseful for getting caught. It isn't right that he should get away with what he did and he is. It is funny how he feels he has to live with what he did when he had a choice of whether or not to act in that matter. What about the girl who he assualted who has to live with those memories for the rest of her life? Where is the justice in this case? There is none and I feel bad for the girl he assualted. This whole thing is just wrong. He may not even lose his job! I sincerely hope that he feels true remorse and he will learn from it and never assualt another individual again and that the remorse is truly punishment for him.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20100105/tillman_verdict_100105/20100105?hub=TopStoriesV2

No comments:

Post a Comment