Sunday, January 3, 2010

Diets and January

Well as we start off a brand new year, we are once again bombarded with weight loss products and workout gear to help us with that goal of getting into shape that so many seem to make. People start out with great intentions but something seems to happen before we reach February-life possibly? It is funny because I actually started this entry planning to talk about something completely different but this topic sort of happened. I guess I am sort of putting the question out there of what happens with these resolutions and goals that are made and why is it that diet resolutions are so common? It seems like a silly question maybe yet I am asking it anyways. Is there something with society and advertising that makes it so difficult to eat healthy? I feel as though there is. I feel like I am constantly bombarded with images of hamburgers and other fast food and when I am driving it seems there is unhealthy options around every corner. It can be hard to make good healthy choices in a place where there seems to be more unhealthy options than healthy. But back to the topic! lol Maybe we should make goals and resolutions on the first day of every month so that when we fall off that we have a specific date to start fresh and we don't have to wait till next January to roll around again. I know that if I don't do this, then when I screw up on a goal then I am like ok I will get back on track again but I don't if I don't set a date to start again. Just a thought. Things happen and I think even with the best intentions we don't always stay on track. Let's make this the year that if we fall off that we continue to get back on track! Not just in January but every month of the year! thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment